Skye offers a wide range of restaurants, cafés and pubs which will suit all budgets and tastes. Most are centred around the island’s capital Portree, but it is also worth venturing furthering afield as there are many interesting places springing up around the island. Here are some of our favourites in Portree:
- Seabreezes, experience good quality seafood using the best of local produce. A very popular restaurant among locals and tourists. Booking advised.
- Scorrybreac: traditional Scottish cuisine with a French twist and beautiful views over the harbour.
- Café Arriba: a lively bistro serving fair trade and locally sourced produce where possible, overlooking the harbour.
- The Portree Hotel: bar-restaurant serving wholesome pub food.
If you’re looking something really special, then a visit to Skye’s most famous award-winning restaurants, Duisdale Hotel in the south of the island and the Three Chimneys in the north, are well worth the extra miles.
Restaurants near Storr:
- Skye Pie Café serves home-made pies, baking, teas and coffees.
- Single Track Café near Duntulm Castle & Gallery serves coffee, teas and cakes.
- High Tide Restaurant at the Flodigarry Hotel serves modern Scottish cuisine in elegant surroundings. The adjoining Skye Bar also serves bar meals and stocks an impressive selection of whiskies.
Remember this is just a small selection of Skye’s restaurants and cafes – we will let you discover all the other gems….